JOB TITLE: FT Adult & Child Therapist
REPORTS TO: Counseling Coordinator
HOURS: 40 Hours week
SALARY: $23 - $25/Hr. (Licensed Master’s Level), Non-Exempt
$25 - $27/Hr. (Licensed Clinical Social Worker), Non-Exempt
SCOPE OF POSITION: Provide professional counseling to adults & children who are survivors or witnesses of violence, and clients of CAV. Provide professional services in both group and individual formats.
- Provide primary counseling services to adults, children and adolescents who are survivors or witnesses of violence.
- Provide primary client assessment and development of client treatment plan.
- Refer clients to outside agencies as necessary.
- Maintain client files and prepare reports in accordance with State, Federal, and grant requirements.
- Participate in staffing cases with client service staff.
- Provide necessary agency referrals, advocacy and follow-up for counseling clients.
- Maintain an accurate account of budget expenditure for adult and child counseling and turn in necessary forms to Counseling Coordinator in a timely manner.
- Participate in all regular staff meetings, in-service trainings and community functions as required or requested by the Counseling Coordinator or Executive Director.
- Become knowledgeable of the ways in which working with people who have experienced trauma, DV and SA, impacts employees and proactively work to limit the effects of compassion fatigue by seeking supervision when common signs are present.
- Engage in reflective supervision and actively examine how this work impacts you and how you impact the people that you work with as well as co-workers.
- Participate in a minimum of three agency events each year.
- Be cross-trained in other areas of CAV support services.
- Other responsibilities as assigned by Counseling Coordinator or Executive Director.
Covered (“Non-Exempt”) and Not Covered (“Exempt”). All positions at CAV are classified as “covered” or “not covered” to determine if an employee qualified for overtime under state Wage and Hour laws and the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA). Covered, also called “Non-Exempt”, includes all employees who are paid on an hourly basis and whose job responsibilities do not fit under any category of exemption under the FLSA. These employees are entitled to “Overtime” pay as described below. Not covered, also called “Exempt”, employees include certain administrators, executives or professionals who are paid on a salary basis. A salary basis includes the hourly rate the administrator, executive or professional is assigned. The job description identifies CAV’s classification of the position as covered and not covered for the purpose of qualifications for overtime. If an employee believes CAV’s classification is incorrect, the employee should contact HR for an analysis of their position and functions.
MINIMUM STAFF QUALIFICATIONS:
Licensure in New Mexico, with a Bachelor or Master’s Degree (LBSW, RMHC, RIMHC, LPC, LMSW) under staff supervision and training required by the New Mexico Counseling and Therapy Practice Act or
FT Adult & Child Therapist
the New Mexico Board of Social Work Examiners Practice Act, with required staff supervision and training or licensure in New Mexico, Master’s Degree Clinician (LISW, LPCC, LMFT, LPAT), licensed doctoral level psychologist or psychiatrist in accordance with requirements of the New Mexico Board of Social Work Examiners or the New Mexico Counseling and Therapy Practice Act. Forty (40) hours of relevant training initially may include NMCADV, CSVANW, VOCA, or VAWA training, and (20) hours ongoing relevant training annually.
CAV is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. This means that all persons are eligible to be employed, promoted or discharged, without regard to their sex, sexual orientation, race, religion, disability, age, ancestry, serious medical condition, gender identity, or national origin. CAV does not tolerate retaliation against any employee or client who filed grievance, made a complaint or questioned the handling of a discrimination charge.